Skip to main content

Adapting the 2D PlaySpace

One of the first hurdles to overcome when I was converting the 2D tutorial over to 3D, was how in the hell was I going to convert the code. Well my solution may not be the most efficient way, but it seemed to work. By placing individual build points which react to the Players click, I now able to build in specific locations, ensuring that I align the defenders with the attackers as before.


I now have 2 complete characters in the game. The Archer, a low hp, high dps warrior, as well as a drummer, which will generate spirit for you to spend on additional orc warriors.

If you have been following my development so far, I'm sure you can notice I have completely retextured the scene, as well as adding some "DooDads" (nostalgia from the blizzard editor days). Be sure to subscribe and not miss when I release an Alpha version of this Orc Defense game.

If anyone is interested in the code I used for this please drop me an email at BedShadows@gmail.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Demon Rite: The power to explore... with just a mouse....

Hey everyone, I have been experimenting with the prototype of Demon Rite, which arguably can be the most fun... as nothing is yet set in stone, and all kinds of fun bugs can be found, which almost can become a feature. I have implemented the Camera Movement which will be controlled by clicking and dragging the Right Mouse. You begin the game by choosing the first point in the world that your demons will begin to corrupt. The spell casting system will be controlled by either clicking the relevent icon at the bottom of the screen, or pressing the corresponding hotkey (I'm thinking the generic FPS 1-9) So far I just have the Begin Corruption spell which spawns your demons from hell. I have also implemented basic Demon AI. As your role as the demon god/lord/boss is to influence the world to help your demons thrive, whether it be casting a resource to help your demons expand, or casting a meteor to crush any pesky foes trying to prevent your domination. S

The Power of A Goal

In my many months of messing around with Unity, I have started numerous projects, few of them to completion. I never seemed to understand why? I tried many approaches to the development of a game, some I "just winged it", others I planned everything down to how many hairs a character would have, but they all turned out the same, they all failed. Why? Lack of goals. The only games I have officially released have all been game Jams, and they all had a deadline to meet. A quantifiable goal to work towards. This is key. For without a goal, we are a homing missile that has no target. As a creative person, freedom is something that we require in order to be at our best, but without bite sized goals, it is easy to get overwhelmed by larger scale projects. How do we combat it? By using a tool that can enhance our productivity ten fold. A tool that can provide clarity through the mish mash of ideas being generated within our heads. A tool that can be used by everyone. A goal.